mod_auth_pam is provided as source-code. To compile it, you need the Apache development files (headers and libraries), as well as a 'C' compiler for your platform.
A note on patches: There are a couple of patches submitted by mod_auth_pam users, for application prior to compilation. These patches are not tested by me but run at least at one site and are provided here for interested users.
- Apache 1.3
- Module source: mod_auth_pam-1.1.1.tar.gz.
- Patch to pass through client IP addresses by Jason Clifford.
- Patch for specifying the service name (instead of 'httpd') by Eivind Tagseth.
- Apache 2.0
- Module source: mod_auth_pam-2.0-1.1.1.tar.gz.
- Patch for session support by Berthold Cogel.
- Patch for setting service name and caching authentication results by bfleisch.
- Patch for authentication using secondary groups by Jesse Guardini.